Tips & Tricks | 7 Ways Shower Curtain Hooks Can Change The Way You Organize Your Closet!

5:00 PM

Organizing a your closet, regardless of it's shape or size, can be a difficult task at times. I find that one of the biggest issues I experience when organizing my closet is that I want to be able to see everything and have it nicely displayed. Although this is easy for tops, it is not so easy when it comes to pants and accessories. At least I felt this way until I purchased shower curtain hooks. I originally purchased these hooks to hang my jeans (much like you would with S hooks in a retail store) and have since discovered several other ways in which they could be used. Below are just 7 ways in which I use these handy, inexpensive hooks. 

For starters, these are the shower curtain hooks that I like to use. You can buy much prettier ones if you prefer but I find that these ones work perfectly. You can get them for as little as $2 from the Dollar Store.

1. Jeans 
The first way I started using the shower curtain hooks was for my jeans. It is a great way to display them so that you can see what cut, shade, and style they are, without taking up too much space in your closet.
To do this I simply fold the jeans in half so that the back pockets are on the outside, then I hang the pants onto the hook using the two belt loops that meet at the front, opposite of the fold. 
2. Tank Tops
Hanging tank tops was another way I discovered how to use these hooks. It takes up less space then hanging them individually on hangers and prevents them from getting wrinkly and messy when folded in a drawer.
To hang the tanks I just take the two straps and hang them over the hooks. I like to keep a limited amount (3-5) on one hook so that it's easy for me to see each tank.
3. Necklaces
This is perfect if you have a ton of necklaces that either don't fit in a jewelry organizer or just get tangled every time. Just hang your necklaces in your closet on the shower curtain hooks and your problem is solved. You can hang them on their own like I've done with the statement necklaces, or you can hang several of them on one hook like I've done with the longer necklaces. If you have the room you can space them out like I have here, or you can slide them all to one side behind clothes or with other accessories. 
4. Scarves
If you're a scarf lover like me then this hack will be perfect for you. It's a great way to have all of your scarves together and visible without having to have them folded which can cause them to crease. To do this I just fold the scarf in half and hang the fold right onto the hook. If you have an infinity scarf then you can skip the fold part and just hang it right on the hook. If you don't have enough space to hang them this way then you can fold them in half again (or as many times as necessary) in order for them to hang at the proper length. 
5. Purses/ Bags
This one may seem a little strange, but if you have the extra bit of space I highly recommend it. By hanging your purses and bags it helps them to keep their shape since they are not sitting on anything that will cause them to compress. While not only making it easier to see your purses, it also makes them easier to grab when in a rush. Much like the necklaces these can be easily be tucked in the rack behind your clothes or other accessories. 
6. Hats
Have any fashionable hats that don't fit or sit right on your shelves, well hanging them can be an easy solution. Hanging them helps to keep the shape of the hats while preventing them from getting squished if stacked. To do this you may need to use some additional pieces depending on the type of hats you have.  
1. This way is perfect for ball caps. All you do is simply hang the hat by the adjustable bit in the back and that's it.
2. This one is good for any brimmed hats that may be a little heavier then most. To do this I just hang a binder clip from the hook and then hang the hat from the clip. The clip is strong enough to hold the hat but not strong enough to do any damage to it.
3. This way works best for any brimmed hats that are light. To hang your hats you just hang a large paperclip from the hook (the larger the clip the stronger the hold will be) and then slide the brim of the hat into the paper clip. This way looks best, however some paperclips are not strong enough for all hats.
7. Coats
The last way in which I like to use shower curtain hooks is to hang any coats, jackets, or hoodies that I don't want taking up too much space. I love this hack because you use the hooks much like you would a coat rack, you just hang it on however you like. Not only is it easy, but it allows you to see the backs of your coats and hoodies so that you are able to see what ones they are. It also works perfect for bulkier items like house coats because you aren't waisting the space like you would if you were hanging it up.
So there are 7 ways in which I like to use shower curtain hooks to organize my closet!
I hope that you enjoyed this little hack and that it helps you to organize your closet. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comment box below :)
- Jacy xo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments